One of the reasons I was invited to be part of the Remix team is because I’m a geek and a maker, as I’m sure many of our users are. With that in mind, here are a bunch of links that I find useful as a geek, maker, and technologist/futurist in general:
- Hacker News – a roundup of all the latest tech news, gathered by members of the Y Combinator community.
- Lobste.rs – similar to Hacker News, but smaller. Still has some interesting daily links though.
- Boingboing, Kottke and Metafilter – Three blogs that have been going forever. They cover all sorts of things, including (but certainly not limited to) maker culture, technology and digital rights.
- io9 – Without the inspiration of science fiction you wouldn’t have your shiny iPad or iPhone. io9 collects the latest news about sci-fi books, movies, and TV.
- Reddit – Reddit is a community-determined aggregator of content. It is a social platform where users submit posts that other users ‘upvote’ or ‘downvote’ based on if they like it. I follow just a few subreddits including opensource, askscience, and askhistorians